Saturday, October 19, 2013

Goodbye to our beloved Grandma


March 9, 1927 - Oct 18, 2013

The Precious Gift
One gift, above all others
God gives to treasure
One that knows no time, no place
And one gold cannot measure.
The precious, poignant, tender gift
Of Memory—that will keep
Our dear ones ever in our hearts
Although God gives them sleep.
It brings back long remembered things;
A song, a word, a smile
And our world’s a better place
because… We had them for awhile!
Jessie H. Fairweather

This week, my Grandma Evelyn Cera has her heavenly birthday.  She had a stroke 2 weeks ago and her body was not strong enough to recover and she was ready to see her husband again.  She was loved greatly on this earth and will be in heaven!  She was a strong, loving woman, who raised amazing children and loved her grandchildren and great grandchildren to her fullest! She will be missed greatly and never forgotten!

Evelyn & Joe

She loved her cats and is cuddling many in heaven now.

She loved to garden! 

Her forever sweetheart

 The last time I got to be with my grandma - I had a pretty strong feeling it would be the last time I would see her in this life.  

This is how I picture her now, holding our sweet Charlotte sitting with family and enjoying the company of angels!   See you both again one day!


2 comments:

Joanie said...

This was the best possible tribute to Evelyn,Larissa! You have captured her essence! Dada and I love this post! Thank you!

Joanie said...

This was the best possible tribute to Evelyn,Larissa! You have captured her essence! Dada and I love this post! Thank you!