I guess I had too much fun the previous week and jinxed myself for last week as it was definitely the ANTI-FUN week!!! A few of the low lights of the week!
MONDAY: Broken Computer
Well, just my Outlook which is my email, all contact info and my calendar. The most important being my calendar. I am lost without it so sorry if I missed your birthday or a play date or something. Normally I have my Pocket PC that also has my calendar on it too, but as luck would have it, that stopped working too!
TUESDAY: Broken Refrigerator
Let me tell you it is no fun when your refrigerator dies and you have to throw out all the warm food your fridge was packed with!
WEDNESDAY: Reprieve Day
THURSDAY: Sick Doggie Day (aka Expensive Vet Day!)
Had to take the dogs into the vet as Tyson hips have been hurting him and Joia had a bleeding chin and elbow which turned out to be an infection! My poor dogs and my poor wallet!
FRIDAY: Broken Cell Phone
I put my cell phone in Shayla's push car with her water bottle. Bad idea as the water bottle leaked and my cell phone got soaked and stopped working!
SATURDAY: Nothing
Normally this nothing would be good but was supposed to be the day the repairmen came for the fridge and my computer. Don't you love it when they say they will be there from 11-3 and then never show up - and on a beautiful Saturday day as well! Ack, both still not working as repair people NEVER showed!
SUNDAY: Stitches - or why fingers and blades do not mix!
To cap off the lovely week, I was doing dishes on Sunday after church and my brand new food processor blade jumped up at my middle finger on my right hand (or that is how I tell it) . Why do emergencies always happen on Sunday when urgent care is closed and you have to go to the ER (and you just send your husband out for a half hour bike ride with the baby so have to wait for him to return to take you there!) Anyway, after two hours of bleeding from my deep finger wound, they stitched up my poor finger and I am good to go!
On the plus side: As they say when it rains, it pours, but I have to acknowledge that I know life could be much worse and I am thankful for all my wonderful blessings. So, here are the good things about my week:
*Broken Computer - Hey, I had an excuse not to work and to play more this week!
*Broken Fridge - Luckily we have a 2nd working fridge in the garage so we are not out of luck too bad.
*Sick Doggies - We have these lovable fun dogs that Shayla loves to death and keep us entertained!
*Stitches - Well, I can't do dishes or give Shay a bath for 10 days until my stitches come out, so I guess there is a positive side to everything - sorry Jon.
MONDAY: Broken Computer
Well, just my Outlook which is my email, all contact info and my calendar. The most important being my calendar. I am lost without it so sorry if I missed your birthday or a play date or something. Normally I have my Pocket PC that also has my calendar on it too, but as luck would have it, that stopped working too!
TUESDAY: Broken Refrigerator
Let me tell you it is no fun when your refrigerator dies and you have to throw out all the warm food your fridge was packed with!
WEDNESDAY: Reprieve Day
THURSDAY: Sick Doggie Day (aka Expensive Vet Day!)
Had to take the dogs into the vet as Tyson hips have been hurting him and Joia had a bleeding chin and elbow which turned out to be an infection! My poor dogs and my poor wallet!
FRIDAY: Broken Cell Phone
I put my cell phone in Shayla's push car with her water bottle. Bad idea as the water bottle leaked and my cell phone got soaked and stopped working!
SATURDAY: Nothing
Normally this nothing would be good but was supposed to be the day the repairmen came for the fridge and my computer. Don't you love it when they say they will be there from 11-3 and then never show up - and on a beautiful Saturday day as well! Ack, both still not working as repair people NEVER showed!
SUNDAY: Stitches - or why fingers and blades do not mix!
To cap off the lovely week, I was doing dishes on Sunday after church and my brand new food processor blade jumped up at my middle finger on my right hand (or that is how I tell it) . Why do emergencies always happen on Sunday when urgent care is closed and you have to go to the ER (and you just send your husband out for a half hour bike ride with the baby so have to wait for him to return to take you there!) Anyway, after two hours of bleeding from my deep finger wound, they stitched up my poor finger and I am good to go!
On the plus side: As they say when it rains, it pours, but I have to acknowledge that I know life could be much worse and I am thankful for all my wonderful blessings. So, here are the good things about my week:
*Broken Computer - Hey, I had an excuse not to work and to play more this week!
*Broken Fridge - Luckily we have a 2nd working fridge in the garage so we are not out of luck too bad.
*Sick Doggies - We have these lovable fun dogs that Shayla loves to death and keep us entertained!
*Stitches - Well, I can't do dishes or give Shay a bath for 10 days until my stitches come out, so I guess there is a positive side to everything - sorry Jon.
And to end with, here is the sunshine in my life! My mom's group is doing a color book project where we take photos of our kids with all the colors and at the end we will put it in a book, so here is Shayla's yellow shot:
8 comments:
Bummer week....But I LOVE the picture of Shayla with all the Yellow. What a fun idea!!
Oh my gosh--what a terrible week! How many stitches do you need? Did Shay freak out? Love the "Saturday: Nothing" one. The color book is such a good idea, and that picture came out awesome. So cute! Let's see how Jon handles bathtime, eh?
Sorry to hear that your week had so many bummers....but you have such a great attitude and I love that you pointed out all the positives...that is about all we can do when things start falling apart :). I loved the pictures of Shayla and the yellow toys...GREAT IDEA!!
Bummer! However, I'm so happy to hear that you were able to find a bright side to all of the bummers! I will have to keep you in mind when the bummers hit me!
Hi Larissa! How have you've been? How is all your family? Lisa told me she got in touch with you. You have such a cute little girl. You can see our blog at hulterstroms.blogspot.com
cindy aka wittenberg
Wow! What a rough week Lariss! I'm glad you can look at the positive side of things! and Shayla is just sooo cute!
Whoa. That's a lot crammed into a week.That's kinda funny, but in a bad way. There are those pluses though, good atttitude! Did the fridge thing also give you an excuse to binge- had to eat em up, ya know? Just kidding. Shayla just brightens up the day!
What a week! Way to be positive about it. Have fun doing the dishes and baths Jon...it's probably about time anyway,huh?!
Post a Comment