Monday, November 26, 2007

New tank, er, I mean car!

So, here is a picture of my new ride - a 2002 Ford Excursion - that we drove home from Tuscon last night. No, I am not anxious to drive a big vehicle or guzzle gas, so here's the story. Jon has been looking for this exact type of vehicle - a 7.3 diesel Excursion - for the past 6 months for me. The main reason I agreed to get it is because it is one of the few vehicles (diesel run) that we can convert to run on vegetable oil - and that is what we are going to do and this will mean no gas guzzling or high gas bills! In fact, we will be getting the oil for free and since CA offers a $1 tax refund for gallon of veggie oil used vs . gas, we will actually be making money on our gas bill! It will take a little while to get used to driving such a big vehicle, but I also know it is a safer vehicle to drive with kids in it too! I will be saying goodbye to my trusty Galant that I have had for the past 7 years.
So, here is a photo of the new beast I will be canoodling around town in!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok...nice. I was about to give you the whole "environmental talk", but nice to see you are actually doing something useful with that tanker! Feel free to stop by our restaurant in Hesperia for some free veggie oil...it's eggroll tainted, but i am pretty sure you can use it, other people have come by to ask or our oil for the same purpose.

Fox and Amy said...

Hey Larissa,

Don't worry about getting used to a bigger vehicle. It's actually easier than you think. Remember, I drove a 40 foot motorcoach in Alaska. The commanding view of the road that you'll get in that vehicle may also help you avoid getting lost. Plus, think of the safety you'll have driving that Panzer around as opposed to your tiny sedan. Good choice on opting for the vegetable oil fuel source too. Couldn't be prouder of you.