Thursday, March 31, 2011

Healthy Butterfinger Smoothie Recipe! and beach!

Carrot juice and Peanut Butter together?
Sounds gross right, but OH MY GOODNESS, this is probably one of my favorite smoothies of all time (except chocolate and peanut butter - can't beat that combo!!) and Mitchell's favorite too and it is so healthy, protein packed and refreshing!

Ingredients (but oops forgot to put the PB in the photo - the 2nd most important ingredient!)


BUTTERFINGER SMOOTHIE


1 Cup Carrot Juice


1 TBsp Peanut Butter


2 TBsp Nonfat Dry Powdered Milk AND/OR 1 TBsp Powdered Fat-Free Creamer (this is what makes it taste like ice cream - I use both!)


1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (your favorite brand)


10-12 ice cubes


Optional: -1 packet Stevia (I use Truvia) or 1 Tablespoon Sugar if you want it a but sweeter (I don't add this)


-1 Tablespoon Wheat Germ (this gives it that crunchy Butterfinger texture - yum!!!)


Blend all ingredients together until smoothie consistency and ENJOY your guilt free Butterfinger! I did the stats on this and here are the basics (varies a bit depending on the protein powder you use). CALORIES = 280 Calories FAT = 6 Grams healthy fat! PROTEIN = 17 Grams - WOW! SUGAR = 18 Grams (most are natural from carrot juice)


And a few bonus shots - it was 80 degrees at the beach in Ventura so we took advantage of it! The kids loved it and the day was perfect! I didn't bring my camera as I am certain we have many fun beach days in the future but stole these from my fiend who took them!


Mitchell with sand drool! Shayla and her buddy Cole

No comments: