Bath time for the cousins!
Shayla was sick on New Years Eve and so we stayed in and the kids were both asleep by 6:30 pm. Jon and I enjoyed a nice fondue dinner and movie and watched some of the New Years festivities on tv. Here is M in his 2011 shirt declaring "My First New Year's". It has definitely been the highlight of my year to have this adorable, precious boy in our lives and go through the many firsts with him and see Shayla blossom into a sweet young girl and loving sister!
Jon and I both are of the mind that rather than make resolutions at the New Year you should be making and working on resolutions all year long which is something we try to do - when we recognize something that we need to change or better in ourselves we try to work on it right away (like organizing my office, working on Mitchells First year photo book, reading my scriptures daily, trying a new recipe every week, etc) . I like to call them intentions vs goals or resolutions because they feel more likely to be accomplished in that manner. I read something recently that summed up why I feel that way - If I say, "a goal of mine is to xyz..." vs. "I intend to do xyz..." The later feels much stronger and has more conviction and a greater chance of happening . Although I do love the idea of using the new year as a fresh start for your intentions and do push harder on the ones I am working at this time of year! So for those of you who have made resolutions or have intentions you are currently working on - good luck - you can do it!
Many blessings to you and yours for the new year and health and happiness too!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment