Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Back from Lake Mead...and back to my blog!

So I think this has been the longest I have gone without blogging - almost a month! I have to blame it on my icky pregnant feelings of nausea and exhaustion. Not much has been done around my house the last 2 months, blog included, but I take pride that I have been able to not neglect Shayla and take regular showers! Hopefully I am almost out of the woods with my morning/all day sickness (with Shay it ended at 16 weeks so I hope the same this time!).

Last week we spent the week at Lake Mead as a mini college reunion with Jon and 3 of his college roommates and their families and a bonus family! I know I was brave (or stupid) to venture out on a 6 hour car ride to stay in 100 plus degree weather to go ride a boat with my morning sickness! But surprisingly I did really well! It was lots of fun and Shayla had a blast playing with all her new friends! We had 4 two year olds, 4 four year olds, a 6 year old and 6 month old in one house!

Shayla on the boat for first time this summer (due to not wanting to get up with Jon at 5 am to take her on the boat on Saturdays!)
Jon wakeboarding - he was in heaven!
On the boat dock dozens or hundreds of fish (Carp?) would swarm up to the docks with their mouths open waiting for food. The kids LOVED to feed them and watch them.

Here they are swarming about. We heard that if you put your toe in the water they will suck it so I tried it but they didn't suck -maybe they knew the bright pink toenail polish was toxic - or maybe I didn't leave it in long enough!

Shayla's first time on the inner tube! She loved it but then she saw Jon reach over and splash the water over the top so of course she wanted to try and her movement caused it to flip forward and in they went. She did not ride it after that but said she had fun?


We would stop the boat every once in a while and all the kids and adults would jump in and swim around! Shayla loved it and got really brave wanting to float without anyone holding on to her - time for swim lessons!
One day I went in to Vegas with Shayla to meet up with one of my longest best friends Michelle and her family! We went to the shark reef and then the buffet at Mandalay Bay! It was so fun to see her and her kiddos!
Here are all the past college buddies with their kiddos! Too cute!

We were near the Hoover dam most of the time at the lake

I swear I don't know how kids can be so cute, but Shayla IS! And she loves doing everything herself so that has helped too while I can sit and be blah and just observe her dancing around the house, "reading" books to herself, singing, playing "games", etc. That has been a joy in slowing down that I can just sit back and watch Shayla blossom!

1 comment:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

You were brave to go on vacation! I hope you start feeling better soon! You're lucky Shayla is such a great little helper!